What Does A Successful Project Look Like?
You and your recruiter will be doing some amazing things with elastic recruiting. And it’ll be easier than you expect.
First off, we have a favor to ask: can you share all of your expectations with us? Pretty please? Over the (nearly) countless projects our clients have done, we’ve figured out that communicating about expectations up-front makes happy customers. Please be as open & transparent as possible! Here’s how to make a great hire in three easy steps:
Define Success with Your Recruiter
Early in the process, talk to your recruiter to define what success means for you.
Think about it - what does success mean to you when hiring for this particular role? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Who is your ideal candidate? What do you want him or her to bring to your team?
- Why are you hiring this person?
- What do you want to avoid in a candidate? What would make you run screaming?
- How often do you want to chat with your recruiter? And how? Phone? Email? Both?
Share these thoughts with your recruiter. As the hiring process continues, double-check to make sure you're both on track for success. Your recruiter will get better & better with feedback on every candidate he or she sends - so give feedback often! Your recruiter wants to make you happy; defining success will let them know how to do that.
Agree to Strategy & Milestones
Work with your recruiter to lay out some specific milestones that you'd like to meet. Hint: Your recruiter may have already outlined something like this in their proposal. Here are some things to think about:
- How much time do you expect to spend hiring for this role? (x hours per day)
- What parts of the hiring process do you want the recruiter to do?
- How many candidates do you want to speak with or see video interviews from?
- How long to do you expect the hiring process to take, from start to finish?
- Are there certain dates or timeframes you want the recruiter to follow?
- Our most successful clients start with some of these milestones:
- Within x number of weeks, you want to have x number of qualified candidates
- Within x number of weeks, you want to see x number of video interviews
- By x date, have x number of in-person interviews scheduled
- On x date, check-in to evaluate quality and match of candidates
Agree to Metrics & Reporting
If you're looking for or tracking certain metrics throughout your hiring process, share that with your recruiter. Your recruiter is amazing, but we’re still working on making them better at mind reading. Until then, please share!
We've created a template for you to download. These can be metrics for your hiring process, metrics relating to new hires, or just some metrics that you’ve always wondered about. Some examples:
- x new candidates identified and contacted
- x replies (%)
- x interested / qualified
- Of those not interested / qualified
- x not qualified for role
- x don't like the location
- x don't want to move
- x are locked with golden handcuffs (eg options, stocks, RSU's, etc)
A great relationship starts with open communication and transparency. Independent recruiters have the flexibility to give you your wishes, hopes, and dreams (well, within reason, anyhow) - help your recruiter to help you, and hiring will be a breeze!
Have questions or feedback? Get in touch with your Client Success Manager.