Defining Success Between You and the Recruiter
Working together under the elastic recruiting model, we know that you and your recruiter can accomplish great things with great ease.
As with any working relationship, it's important to be open and transparent about your expectations. When someone is unhappy with their RecruitLoop experience, we often find that lack of communication about expectations are to blame for their disappointment.
Here are three steps that we recommend you follow in order to make a great hire:
Define Success Between You and the Recruiter
Early in the process, you should speak to your recruiter to define what success means for you.
Think about it - what does success mean to you when hiring for this particular role?
- Who is your ideal candidate? What do you want them to bring to your team?
- Why are you hiring this person?
- What do you want to avoid in a candidate?
- How often do you want to speak with your recruiter?
Communicate with your recruiter and share these thoughts. As the hiring process continues, revisit these guidelines to ensure you're both on track for success. Your recruiter wants to make you happy, so defining success will let them know how to do that.
Agree to Strategy and Milestones
Work with your recruiter to lay out some specific milestones that you'd like to meet. Your recruiter may have already outlined something like this in their proposal. Here are some things to think about:
- How much time do you expect to spend hiring for this role?
- What parts of the hiring process do you want the recruiter to do?
- How many candidates do you want to speak with or see video interviews from?
- How long to do you expect the hiring process to take, from start to finish?
- Are there certain dates or timeframes you want the recruiter to follow?
- Here are some suggested Milestones:
- Within x number of weeks, you want to have x number of qualified candidates
- Within x number of weeks, you want to see x number of video interviews
- By x date, have x number of in-person interviews scheduled
- On x date, check-in to evaluate quality and match of candidates
Layout and Agree to Any Metrics You'd Like to See From the Recruiter
If you're looking for or tracking certain metrics throughout your hiring process, share that with your recruiter.
These can be metrics for your hiring process, or metrics relating to new hires.
Open communication and transparency is the best way to have a great relationship. This is one of the key benefits of working with an independent recruiter - help your recruiter to help you, and hiring will be a breeze!
Have questions or feedback that you'd like to share? Get in touch with your Client Success Manager.